We are a Local Education Authority junior school, served by a truly professional and dedicated staff, determined to realise our pupils all round academic and personal potential. Hillborough Junior School is a thriving, happy community. Our staff are committed to delivering an education based on the National Curriculum to the highest of standards.
We hope that a child joins Hillborough with high expectations. We aim to provide a framework of care and consideration for all our children and an education which strives to achieve these important goals:
- Pupils should learn to be well organised, purposeful and persevering in their attitude to work.
- Children should be considerate, responsible and courteous in their dealings with others.
- Hillborough Junior School is known for its pleasant atmosphere. This is founded on good working relationships throughout the school. We aim for a warm, trusting and caring environment.
- We acknowledge that a child's home life is a prime influence on their behaviour. We work to support this by promoting the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils by encouraging their respect and consideration for others. Pupils learn to take personal responsibility for their behaviour at all times.
- We aim to make pupils feel that they are fairly treated and are understood as individuals. We like to feel that all pupils' achievements are recognised, that they are given a sense of purpose and satisfaction in their work and that they find friendships and a sense of belonging to a community.